Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic
The MXL 2001 altered the conception of large diaphragm condenser microphones. Finally, an affordable, good sounding condenser is available for the performing musician or home studio. Commercial studios have also benefited from MXL’s innovation. They are now using the MXL 2001 in very demanding applications, without the fear of ruining an expensive, classic condenser mic. Its 1″ gold-sputtered diaphragm has been specially designed to stay out in front of the mix making it perfect for vocal recording, drum kit and guitar cabinet miking, as well as general room miking. The MXL2001 has a high quality FET preamp and its output is transformer balanced. A screw-on stand adapter is included and a high isolation shockmount (MXL-56) is available as an option.
- The first MXL mic—still a favorite among musicians
- Condenser mic that captures performers’ nuances
- Perfect for vocals but also great for acoustic guitars
- FET preamp with transformer-balanced output
- Rich midrange and a detailed top end