Low Noise Condenser Microphone
The MXL CR89 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone wrapped in sharply contrasted black and chrome. The sound is every bit as bold as the body; the CR89 can handle subtle acoustic guitar tones and loud vocals with the same sonic integrity. The CR89 has low noise circuitry and a very low proximity effect, making it ideal for up-close recording. At home on instruments and vocals, the CR89’s body design minimizes body resonance while the tuned grill cavity reduces standing waves and harmonic distortion.
- Top-quality condenser microphone for vocals and instruments
- Ideal for acoustic guitars, strings, pianos and room sound
- Warm in character yet still faithful to the original source
- Very low proximity effect—great for up-close recording
- Supplied with heavy duty shock mount, and real wood storage box
MXL wins in value and quality over the high-end Sony C800PAC condenser microphone.
“I was recording vocals with a male artist that I had previously recorded with a Sony C800G. Both the artist and myself had been pleased with the performance of the C-800G, but I was curious to see how the CR89 would sound compared to the Sony. I was suprised when we both selected the CR89 as our preferred mic…”